The advancement of Kents Hill's infrastructure depends on the generous donations of alumni, parents, friends, and foundations. Kents Hill is grateful to all of the individuals and families who have helped our School provide new programs and enhanced facilities for the students and faculty.
A half-century after its founding in 1824, Kents Hill increased the size of its academic and residential space exponetially with the construction of Bearce, Ricker, and Sampson. A century later, the campus expanded again, to the east and south, making up much of the campus we have today. Capital gifts to Kents Hill are vital to the School's ability to renovate and update its existing facilities and to provide new space as our curriculum grows.
Since 2000, Kents Hill has made significant improvements to the campus both by expansion of new, state-of-the-art facilities; and by restoration improving upon energy efficiency, space utilization, and technology. Kents Hill has been the grateful recipient of more than $25 million in gifts to help us construct the Harold and Ted Alfond Athletics Center (2001) and the Harold alfond Athletics Fields (2008); Reed Hall dormitory (2006) and the Chip Williams Woodworking Center (2006); and the Akin Learning Center (2012). It has also made possible renovations to our gymnasium, which is now the Center for Performing Arts at Newton Hall (2009); a renovaion and expansion of the Bass Visual Arts Center (2010) and Davis Hall dormitory (2004); energy upgrades to our three historic landmarks, Bearce, Ricker, and Sampson (2010); and the restoration of Deering Chapel in Bearce Hall (2011).
For more information about the advancement of Kents Hill School and the Forging Ahead Campaign, contact Matthew R. Crane '90 in the Advancement Office at 207-685-1649.